Sunday, February 13, 2011

No more whining

Admittedly my last post was bleak.  Mea culpa, mea culpa.  I have read my dear friend, Karrie's blog, regarding her Sunday school lesson based on Hosea and am reminded that I am not in this school year alone.  And like Hosea's wife, I have forgotten God's love and promise to take care of me and all of my frustrations.  I also blew off church today in favor of a lazy morning and trip to Blowing Rock.  I don't feel guilty about the trip because I came home with a better outlook.  We took the Parkway to Blowing Rock.  The scenery was starkly beautiful.  How do people survive who don't have mountains and valleys to gaze at???  The ground was that particular shade of brown which occurs just before spring.  It is a soft looking color, one that begs to be touched.  There were also spectacular icicles.  Some short, some long and all grey -silver -white.  Not at all the color of snow, rather a pale shimmering color.  Of course the sky was Carolina blue.  What more can one ask in the way of evidence that God loves us and is watching over us.  It was careless of me to forget.  So, I will put the cares and frustrations of teaching into my God box and approach this week afresh.  My dear friend, Bonnie, is praying for me, too.  What else do I need?  What is it that Psalms says?  "I lift my eyes to the hills from where comes my help."  A poor job of paraphrasing, I know, but you get the idea.
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and the Westminster Dog show!  Chocolates and beautiful dogs.  Life just doesn't get any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment