Saturday, October 9, 2010

This week's score

Teacher - 2 good days; Students - 2 bad days; Toss up - 1 day.   I think this kind of record is called a draw.  So what makes a good day?  Happy teacher, happy students, good work.  I am not sure in what universe that scenario occurs, but it is not mine.  In my reality a good day is when I spend more time teaching than disciplining squirrely students.  These squirrely students are making me nuts!!!!!!  Perhaps I am an almond or pecan, I don't know but sometimes at the end of day, I do feel like I have been cracked!!!! 

One of the reasons I had 2 good days is because the principal has sent reinforcements!  I have a the use of a tutor who is bilingual first period!!!!!!!  She is not just a tutor but a certified teacher.  It is amazing how the presence of another adult makes a difference.  With this help I have become embolden to take The 35 to the science lab on Monday for a cloud making lab.  They have to use matches even!!!  I better put the fire department on alert!!!!!!

Today is a beautiful autumn day and I have lesson plans to make.  Stay turned to you police scanners on Monday in case The 35 set the school on fire!  That's all from the nutty schoolmarm.

2 comments: