Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time


Time on my hands, time in a bottle, as time goes by, time flies when you are having fun. I have discovered that there is working time and retirement time. Let me explain the difference. When I was teaching time seemed to grind slowly forward from the beginning of the year to about mid January. Then I was counting the days until EOG testing and thinking my students wouldn't be ready for the Alpha and Omega of all tests. Then there were the week days. I started dreading Monday on Sunday afternoon. Finally, Wednesday would appear on the horizon, but wait! The next day would be Thursday - the most accursed day of the week! Just when I didn't think I could stand one more day, the sun would rise on Friday. Ahhhh, a sigh of relief.

Now that retirement has set in, I dread Tuesdays. I know it is ungrateful of me to dread any day of the week, but there you are. Just call me an ungrateful wretch. On Tuesdays I have no committments; aka nothing to do. Yes, I can read, clean, play music, go to library, etc. However, that is not the same as HAVING to do something. Plus, my dear sweet husband is home ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!! Ever hear the saying, "Too much togetherness is not a good thing"? It is true.

So, what is a retiree to do? Well, I haven't worked that out yet. But, to my schoolteacher friends, watch out. I may show up at your door looking for something to fill my time on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment